It all started when Cinetrix wrote this great blog post, about how she's going to go see North by Northwest tomorrow night at Hollywood Forever - "the resting place of Hollywood's immortals". "What a great idea," I thought - an outdoor summer screening at the cemetary of the stars. Then I did some digging and discovered that Cinespia - "a film society created to bring together the community of film enthusiasts in Los Angeles" - puts these events on every Saturday night, all summer long. People bring blankets and chairs and picnics and beer, and DJs spin before and after the show. And next weekend, on June 4th, they're showing one of my all-time favorites, Twentieth Century, starring John Barrymore and Carole Lombard. Damn it. Tell me why I live in New York, again?
Most Popular Articles
- New on Netflix: June 2016
- See the Creepy First Photos From Winona Ryder's Netflix Series 'Stranger Things'
- TV Shows to Watch When You're Bored
- The War Over 'Ghostbusters' Gets Ugly as New Trailer Drops
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers Suggest JoJo Fletcher Picked 'a Player'
- Check Out the First Photo of Charlize Theron in 'Fast 8'