No one's going to call this weekend's box office winner until tomorrow, but Saturday numbers are in, and the stats are incredibly close. Star Wars made $20.8 million yesterday, bringing it to $36.3 over two days; that's against about $32 million for Madagascar, and $33.8 for The Longest Yard. The Adam Sandler flick started out strong on Friday, but failed to pick up much business on Saturday and came in third for the day. The studios won't release actual numbers until Tuesday, but we should have estimates up tomorrow as soon as they come in.
Most Popular Articles
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Episode 2 Photos Tease Big Returns
- Zac Efron Falls on His Face While Running in New 'Baywatch' Photos
- Sara Ramirez's Cryptic Tweet Fuels Speculation She's Leaving 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix