Only "a couple of dozen" refund requests were clocked this weekend, across the 26 markets in which theater chain Cinemark offered refunds to patrons dissatisfied with Ron Howard's Cinderella Man. The film has only grossed $54 million and, along with Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven, is considered one of the major casualities of this slow box office season. Cinemark was one of two theater chains that agreed to offer a refund; the AP couldn't get a comment out of AMC, and I'll refrain from commenting as to whether or not their silence is a bad sign.
Most Popular Articles
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Weekend Box Office: 'Jungle Book' Crushes 'Mother's Day' and 'Keanu'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Episode 2 Photos Tease Big Returns
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- Alicia Vikander to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot
- Zac Efron Falls on His Face While Running in New 'Baywatch' Photos