There's a starstruck piece in today's NYT about Gwyneth Paltrow and her directorial debut. She's making a short film about dating as part of a charity production project spearheaded by Glamour magazine, and she spent three days this summer shooting it in (gasp!) Brooklyn. Poor thing. Anyway - here's a bit of wishful hype-ery: "[S]how business has treated her very well, indeed. There is already buzz about her next film, Proof, which is set for a Sept. 16 premiere. The movie [is] one of the last projects of the departing co-chairmen of Miramax, Harvey and Bob Weinstein." Reality check? The "buzz" on Proof is mixed at best, mostly owing to the fact that it's been sitting on the shelf for a year. It is one of the last Weinstein Miramax projects - it's one of the last they're dumping on screens before hightailing it out of there October 1st.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell Are Mothers Gone Wild in 'Bad Moms' Trailer
- Taylor Swift May Cameo as Dazzler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...