Ian says it's great, but Rupert isn't so sure. What exactly? Coming out as gay or lesbian in Hollywood. Ian McKellen claims his career took off when he announced to everyone without gaydar that he was in fact a homosexual. Rupert Everett, however, doesn't think Hollywood is quite as accepting just yet. He claims he was unable to reach the "next stage" of his career after he came out. Having heard these arguments from both actors, I wonder how much being gay really had to do with their career arcs. It seems McKellen, right or wrong, is simply getting better roles than Everett, and I'm not entirely sure how significant sexual preference is in this particular instance.
Most Popular Articles
- Johnny Depp's Mom Dies, Amber Heard Files for Divorce 3 Days Later, No...
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Reveal Deleted Brienne-Tormund Scenes
- Movies & TV Shows Leaving Netflix: June 2016
- Daniel Craig Turned Down $99M to Return as Bond? Not So Fast!
- Watch Emilia Clarke Sing 'MMMBop' in Dothraki (As She Really Did in One...
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Episode 6 Photos Preview Arya's 'Difficult Choice'