Ian says it's great, but Rupert isn't so sure. What exactly? Coming out as gay or lesbian in Hollywood. Ian McKellen claims his career took off when he announced to everyone without gaydar that he was in fact a homosexual. Rupert Everett, however, doesn't think Hollywood is quite as accepting just yet. He claims he was unable to reach the "next stage" of his career after he came out. Having heard these arguments from both actors, I wonder how much being gay really had to do with their career arcs. It seems McKellen, right or wrong, is simply getting better roles than Everett, and I'm not entirely sure how significant sexual preference is in this particular instance.
Most Popular Articles
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Jon Snow Is Alive, Revived by Melisandre in 'Home'
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Zac Efron Falls on His Face While Running in New 'Baywatch' Photos
- 14 Times Dwayne Johnson Was Our Rock
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- Film Casting May Reveal Who Negan Killed on 'The Walking Dead'