Don't get me wrong -- I dig Billy Bob. There's this kind of quiet attraction I have towards the roles he chooses; the bad Santa; the bad bear; the bad thief and the man who wasn't there. His latest role, in which he will play a do-it-yourself astronaut building a rocket out of his barn, is no exception. In The Astronaut Farmer,
Thornton takes on a character at war with not only his wacky imagination, but also neighbors, the government and media attention. Shooting in New Mexico beginning next month, "the film will be the 29th production to have shot in the state since it introduced its tax incentives in 2003." How about that; a film that takes place on a farm is actually being shot – on a real farm. Two brothers, Mark and Michael Polish wrote the script with the latter attached to direct.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- 5 Reasons Why Nothing Can Stop 'Jungle Book' at the Box Office
- C.J. Cregg Delivers the White House Briefing Just Like on 'The West Wing'
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?