Less than two weeks ago, Universal claimed that rumors that Peter Jackson was involved in the movie version of Halo were "completely untrue". Sigh. Silly studio - the truth always comes out in the end. In a statement released today, Jackson confirmed that he and his producing partner/wife, Fran Walsh, have indeed signed on to shepherd the video game adaptation towards its planned Summer 2007 release. They'll executive produce the film, which will be shot at their Wellington, New Zealand production compound, but Jackson - who says he's "a huge fan of the game and" is looking "forward to helping it come alive on the cinema screen" - will not direct. A helmer and cast will be announced soon; meanwhile, somebody should probably check and make sure Uwe Boll hasn't read the script. Hasn't he done enough?
Most Popular Articles
- Zac Efron Falls on His Face While Running in New 'Baywatch' Photos
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- Melissa McCarthy's Return to Stars Hollow for 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Was 'Lovely'
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- Neil Patrick Harris Is Unrecognizable as Netflix's Count Olaf in 'Unfortunate' Set Photo