- All systems are go on Benjamin Ross' Napoleon and Betsy, a film about the deposed French general's final days on St. Helena and the English girl with whom he spends them. Scarlett Johansson is starring as said English girl; though Variety is mum on the matter, I believe this is the project that she and her momager have been pushing through development for several years.
- Lunar Park, Bret Easton Ellis' meta-autobiographical latest, has been optioned by Palm-Star Entertainment. The fifth Ellis work to make it to the screen (you forgot about Less Than Zero, didn't you? Shame, shame ...), Park follows a drug guzzling novelist named - wait for it - Bret Easton Ellis, who enters a convenience marriage and quickly heads into Stephen King territory.
- Todd McCarthy calls King Kong "almost too much of a good thing": "From the vivid opening montage of Depression-era New York City, it's evident Jackson intends to paint on a very broad canvas that will include a thousand-and-one Kong-related details he's been storing up since childhood...As richly rendered as all of this is, not all of it is necessary; Jackson's Kong plays more like a Director's Cut, with scenes that could easily be dispensed with or tightened." But he admits that box office looks like it could be "even Titanic huge."
Most Popular Articles
- Jennifer Lawrence Admits She Took Ambien Before Filming a 'Hunger Games' Scene
- Gillian Anderson Responds to Push for Her as the Next 'Bond. Jane Bond'
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Apologize for Aftermath of Hodor Reveal
- New on Netflix: June 2016
- Check Out the First Photo of Charlize Theron in 'Fast 8'
- Rose Byrne: Oiling Up Shirtless Zac Efron Was 'Disgusting'