Just a day after Sony's Howard Stringer bragged at CES about bagging Landmark as the first customer for Sony's high res 4K projector, Landmark announced (also at CES) the indie chain is ditching the Sony 4K projector in favor of Barco's 2K projectors. Apparently nobody told Stringer. Cinematech reports that in an email to them in December, Landmark's Mark Cuban said Landmark had installed a couple of Sony's projectors and was "battle testing" them. Guess that didn't work out so well. Landmark's announcement leaves Sony in a bit of a lurch, with zero - count 'em, zero - customers for it's projector, which has been plauged with technical and delivery issues.
Most Popular Articles
- Comedy Roasts That Took It Too Far
- Fans Defend Keira Knightley After 'Begin Again' Director's Unprofessional Slam
- 5 Characters Found in (Practically) Every Period British TV Show
- Hidden Messages Exposed: Are You Savvy to the Subliminal Messages in These Popular...
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Stark Surprises Save 'Blood of My Blood'
- Why Did 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Tank at the Box Office?