Just a day after Sony's Howard Stringer bragged at CES about bagging Landmark as the first customer for Sony's high res 4K projector, Landmark announced (also at CES) the indie chain is ditching the Sony 4K projector in favor of Barco's 2K projectors. Apparently nobody told Stringer. Cinematech reports that in an email to them in December, Landmark's Mark Cuban said Landmark had installed a couple of Sony's projectors and was "battle testing" them. Guess that didn't work out so well. Landmark's announcement leaves Sony in a bit of a lurch, with zero - count 'em, zero - customers for it's projector, which has been plauged with technical and delivery issues.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Jon Snow Is Alive, Revived by Melisandre in 'Home'
- Weekend Box Office: 'Jungle Book' Crushes 'Mother's Day' and 'Keanu'
- Dylan O'Brien's 'Very Serious' Injuries Worse Than Expected, 'Maze Runner' on Hold
- Justin Lin to Direct LeBron James in 'Space Jam 2': Report
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 2-8