We were so wrong. Though two Cinematical bloggers heard rumors in the past 24 hours that Paramount had closed a deal for as much as $15 million on Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris' Little Miss Sunshine, word is now coming down the wires that worldwide rights actually went to Fox Searchlight, for a more-reasonable but still somewhat outlandish $10 million. Anne Thompson is reporting that John Sloss closed the deal for Cinetic in the wee hours of the morning – making the rumor Kim heard last night a bit suspicious, and the one I heard this morning downright strange. The only thing I can think of is that someone from the Fox camp sent an intern out to lead bloggers astray – and, great job, guys! It totally worked. More details on this deal and others as they come in.
Most Popular Articles
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- 5 Reasons Why Nothing Can Stop 'Jungle Book' at the Box Office
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- Dylan O'Brien's 'Very Serious' Injuries Worse Than Expected, 'Maze Runner' on Hold