We were so wrong. Though two Cinematical bloggers heard rumors in the past 24 hours that Paramount had closed a deal for as much as $15 million on Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris' Little Miss Sunshine, word is now coming down the wires that worldwide rights actually went to Fox Searchlight, for a more-reasonable but still somewhat outlandish $10 million. Anne Thompson is reporting that John Sloss closed the deal for Cinetic in the wee hours of the morning – making the rumor Kim heard last night a bit suspicious, and the one I heard this morning downright strange. The only thing I can think of is that someone from the Fox camp sent an intern out to lead bloggers astray – and, great job, guys! It totally worked. More details on this deal and others as they come in.
Most Popular Articles
- New on Netflix: June 2016
- See the Creepy First Photos From Winona Ryder's Netflix Series 'Stranger Things'
- The War Over 'Ghostbusters' Gets Ugly as New Trailer Drops
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Hodor Holds 'The Door' Through Traumatic Episode
- TV Shows to Watch When You're Bored
- Check Out the First Photo of Charlize Theron in 'Fast 8'