IFC Films just sent around a press release announcing their acquisition of Wordplay, Patrick Creadon's doc on crossword puzzle guru Will Shortz. It's IFC's second buy of the fest, after picking up Bent Hamer's Factotum, and their Jonathan Sehring couldn't be more pleased. "This has been one of the most rewarding Sundance experiences in the history of IFC,” Sehring said. “With our acquiring Factotum at the start and announcing the launch of IFC’s First Take, we felt it couldn’t get any better. Then Wordplay captured the hearts of the entire team, and we simply couldn’t live without it." IFC hasn't released financial details on the deal, but they did say they plan to release the doc sometime this year.
Most Popular Articles
- Netflix Reveals Title, Poster for 'Gilmore Girls' Revival
- Rose Byrne: Oiling Up Shirtless Zac Efron Was 'Disgusting'
- Sara Ramirez Officially Exits 'Grey's Anatomy': See the Beautiful Tributes
- Gillian Anderson Responds to Push for Her as the Next 'Bond. Jane Bond'
- 'The CW' Lists Fall 2016 Schedule: 'Supergirl' Arrives, 'Supernatural' Moves
- Daniel Craig Turned Down $99M to Return as Bond? Not So Fast!