Half Nelson, first time feature director Ryan Flecks's narrative tale of a crack-addicted high school teacher (Ryan Gosling) who befriends a student (Shareeka Epps) after she learns of his addiction., was acquired by ThinkFilm on the last day of the Sundance Film Festival. ThinkFilm acquired worldwide rights to the film, co-written by Fleck and Anna Boden, reportedly for just under $1 million, plus a large percentage of gross to the filmmakers. Negotiations went down to the wire amidst interest from other distributors, making Half Nelson the last deal in an otherwise relatively slow deal season at this year's Sundance.
Most Popular Articles
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell Are Mothers Gone Wild in 'Bad Moms' Trailer
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death