The Uber fan news site Batman on Film has recently dropped a few more Bat-rumors related to casting in the upcoming sequel passed along to them from insider tipsters. Here come the updates, in bullet-point form for your easy reading pleasure.
- Michael Keaton is definately not the Joker, no matter what you've heard elsewhere.
- Arkham Asylum may have two prominent characters for us in the new film; Dr. Jeremiah Arkham is rumored to be a small part, and Doctor Harleen Quinzel may show up as an Arkham employee- although the persona of Harley Quinn is not expected to manifest.
- Emily Watson's name has surfaced for Harleen, and Brad Douriff has been mentioned for Dr. Arkham.
- The character of Cobblepot may likewise exist, with the Penguin persona possibly staying beneath the surface for the duration of the film as well.
- Bob Hoskins is still rumored to show up in the film, but no longer as Cobblepot/Penguin. Rumor now has it that he'll play mob boss Sal Maroni.
- Mr. Bettany is pulling very strong odds to show up as the Clown Prince of Crime.
- Jake Gyllenhaal is definately in the mix for Dent, although probably not as solidly as Mr. B is for Mr. J.
- The look of the Joker's smile may be a nod to 1928's Gwynplaine in The Man Who Laughs. Awesome.