I'm flogging myself for not getting this scrap of gossip up earlier, but here it is: whilst introducing the Landmark panel on Sunday at SXSW, indieWIRE EIC Eugene Hernandez announced two new ventures for the 10-year-old company, the reigning online indie film portal. Officially launched on Tuesday, SF360.org is a new web destination dedicated to the San Francisco film scene; Hernandez said it's hopefully the first of many experiments for iW in local satellites. The other new project is, to me at least, potentially far more exciting. The old indieWIRE community forum is going to relaunch either tomorrow or early next week as, essentially, a film-centric competitor to MySpace. Keep an eye out for an official announcement.
Most Popular Articles
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Film Casting May Reveal Who Negan Killed on 'The Walking Dead'
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- New on Netflix: May 2016
- Zac Efron Falls on His Face While Running in New 'Baywatch' Photos