- Another Public Enemy - Korean action director Woo-Suk Kang essentially remakes his 2002 hit Public Enemy, and it is a very mixed bag. While his tale of corruption and vigilantism is well acted, it is way too long (nearly 2 1/2 hours) and loaded with unnecessary and criminally boring bureaucratic hoo-hah, not to mention the silly dialogue. Instead, check out the original or Kang's 2003 smash, Silmido (if you can find it).
- Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - It may follow the Eminem 8 Mile formula - pedigreed director (Oscar bridesmaid Jim Sheridan) rap phenomenon (Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson) - but it does not add up to a movie that is going to change any minds about the nigh-invincible rap star. This brooding enigma is an expressionless marble-mouth, and it is difficult to root for him in this violent rags-to-riches gangster yarn, despite its respectable duds. Even the similar Hustle & Flow, starring Mr. "Fiddy" Cent's co-star, Terrence Howard, topped this murky, self-aggrandizing run-on sentence, which this impatient survivor has re-titled Get Sleep Or Try Dyin'.
Most Popular Articles
- Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry Had a Mini 'Friends' Reunion in London, Baby!
- Helen Mirren's Prince Tribute at the White House Correspondents' Dinner Was Perfect
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child, 'Scandal' Season 6 May Be Delayed
- Justin Lin to Direct LeBron James in 'Space Jam 2': Report
- Patton Oswalt Shares Heartbreaking Quote From Daughter After Wife's Sudden Death
- 5 Reasons Why Nothing Can Stop 'Jungle Book' at the Box Office