- Æon Flux - This empty sci-fi flick's listing on IMDB.com is loaded with glowing user endorsements, leading everyone else who has seen it to believe that either drugs were involved in forming these opinions, the Pod People took these users over or an army of undercover PR lackeys is spinning overtime. This cinematic equivalent of a bronzed cow pie, an unimaginative Logan's Run pretender set 400 years in the future after a global plague, stars Charlize Theron as a rebel trying to take down the corrupt government of Bregna, the only city on Earth. From the way-lazy back story title cards and opening narration to the silly costumes to the cartoonish action sequences to the awful deadpan performances, this should be called Peed-On, Sux. Maybe Theron's mother needed an operation or something, but this is a very bad and brainless example of sci-fi, a puffed-up issue movie that ultimately offers nothing but regret. Instead, check out creator Peter Chung's original, pre-anime craze animated MTV series, which was released on DVD late last year.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- Dylan O'Brien's 'Very Serious' Injuries Worse Than Expected, 'Maze Runner' on Hold
- Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell Are Mothers Gone Wild in 'Bad Moms' Trailer
- 19 Times Captain America Was the Best Part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 2-8