Today's "Hollywood remakes an old movie" story comes straight out of the "why did it take them so long to think of this one?" file. According to New Line Studios, development is now beginning for a remake of the 1954 Disney movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, based on Jules Verne's book of the same name. The film will apparently go through Sam Raimi's Buckaroo company, but as yet Raimi is not directly attached to the production in any meaningful way. From the brief description offered thus far, it seems as though they hope to turn the movie into more of a character piece, focusing on the life and times of Captain Nemo. Me, I just want to see the Nautilus in full, silver screen glory plunging through the briney deep. In the meantime, let's start some crazy internet rumors about who will get cast as the good Captain. Suggestions?
Most Popular Articles
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the Next James Bond
- 6 Co-Stars Who Didn't Get Along on Popular TV Series
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Probably Won't Happen
- 5 Best Series to Watch Before Turning 30
- Best Series to Watch on a Sick Day
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Episode 6 Photos Preview Arya's 'Difficult Choice'