Teri Hatcher has signed on to voice a dual role opposite Dakota Fanning in the animated film Coraline for Focus Features and the first film from Laika Entertainment, Phil Knight's animation studio based in Portland, Ore. Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas) is writing the screenplay and directing the film from the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 2002 international best-seller. The New York Times summed up the tale as "a modern ghost story with all the creepy trimmings." Hatcher is supposed to play both the mother of the title character and Fanning's other mother in a parallel universe. Coraline will be made using computer-generated imagery whe she is in the "real" world, and it will use handheld stop-motion when she is in the parallel universe. Okay, Hatcher, Fanning and interesting animation aside, what I'm really excited about is the fact that Coraline will feature songs from They Might Be Giants.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans