Jay Lavender and Jeremy Garelick, the screenwriters behind Jennifer Aniston-Vince Vaughn vehicle The Break-Up, have reportedly signed a two-pic deal on the heels of the romantic-drama's surprising opening weekend success. The film opened with $39 million, which apparently is good enough to get a couple of screenwriters a sweet deal next time around. The scribes reportedly have a deal for two top-secret comedies worth $2-3 million, which could be worth more if both films end up getting produced. The writing team's wave of success broke when the pair was tapped by Vaughn to script his idea for The Break-Up (for which he also received story cred). That script sold at auction for a sweet $2.25 million. Nice gig if you can get it, eh?
Most Popular Articles
- 'Biggest Loser' Contestants Claim They Were Given Illegal Weight Loss Drugs
- Kids Shows That Were Actually for Adults
- 6 Co-Stars Who Didn't Get Along on Popular TV Series
- The Best Series to Watch If You Love 'Sex and the City'
- 'Mission: Impossible': 15 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About the Tom Cruise Blockbuster
- Comedy Roasts That Took It Too Far