Man alive -- considering how much work George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic is getting these days, it's a wonder any other effects houses can stay in business. Hot on the heels of its "Oh my God that tentacle-face is soooo realistic!" success with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, the company has a packed slate of projects due to be released in the next 18 months or so. In addition to its continued status as effects overlord for the POTC and Harry Potter franchises, ILM is also at work on Paramount's The Spiderwick Chronicles (due out in December 2007), Eragon (December 2006), Evan Almighty and Transformers (both summer 2007). And, as an added bonus, the company seems to have become the go-to house for companies wishing to render 2-D films in three dimensions: After successfully converting Chicken Little earlier this year, ILM is now working on getting Tim Burton's wonderful The Nightmare Before Christmas ready for its 3-D Halloween re-release. And then they'll break for lunch.
Most Popular Articles
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Jon Snow Is Alive, Revived by Melisandre in 'Home'
- See Spider-Man Fight Bucky in Awesome 'Captain America: Civil War' Clip
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- 9 Times Channing Tatum Was So Hot That You Cried
- Weekend Box Office: 'Jungle Book' Crushes 'Mother's Day' and 'Keanu'