- Joseph Barbera (1911-2006) - Writer, director and producer who was half of the Hanna-Barbera animation team. Read my full tribute here.
- Desmond Briscoe (1925-2006) - Sound engineer who did sound effects for The Man Who Fell to Earth, Children of the Damned, The Haunting (1963) and The Ipcress File and composed music for Phase IV. He died December 7.
- James Brown (1933-2006) - Read my full tribute to the "Godfather of Soul" here.
- Robin Buss (1939-2006) - English writer, critic and translator who was a well-known Francophile. He worked as a film critic for The Independent and wrote the books The French Through Their Films, Italian Films and French Film Noir. He also served as a translator in the documentary Drug-Taking and the Arts. He died of cancer December 16, in London.
- Hallie D'Amore (c.1940-2006) - Oscar-nominated makeup artist for Forrest Gump. She also worked on Dick Tracy, xXx, Bugsy, 2 Fast 2 Furious and Apollo 13. She also won an Emmy for the HBO movie Normal and she appeared in Forrest Gump as an extra. She was found dead in her home, along with her husband, December 15. A police investigation has ruled that she shot her husband, photographer Richard D'Amore, and then shot herself because of "domestic discord."