John Waters' 1988 hit about a chubby teen who wins a spot on the American Bandstand-esque Corny Collins Show gets a makeover courtesy of choreographer-turned-director Adam Shankman (The Wedding Planner) in this summer's Hairspray. This time around, John Travolta plays the plump Edna Turnblad, mother of the aforementioned aspiring dancer (Nicole Blonsky). Yes, that's correct: A virtually unrecognizable Travolta plays a woman. And he's married to Christopher Walken to boot. I'd go on about how the all-star cast also includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, and Queen Latifah, but frankly Shankman had me at "Travolta married to Walken." Get an exclusive first look at the poster below (double-click on the image for a larger version).
Most Popular Articles
- 'Biggest Loser' Contestants Claim They Were Given Illegal Weight Loss Drugs
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Stars Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy Reveal Secrets of Epic Final Battle...
- Angelina Jolie Will Be a Visiting Professor at London School of Economics
- Gillian Anderson Responds to Push for Her as the Next 'Bond. Jane Bond'
- New on Netflix: June 2016
- Movies & TV Shows Leaving Netflix: June 2016