Our pals over at Moviefone have an exclusive first look at the first trailer for Horton Hears a Who, based off the book written by Ted Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss) back in 1954. Jim Carrey once again visits the wonderful world of Dr. Seuss as Horton; an imaginative elephant who's convinced there's a community of people crying out for help on a tiny piece of dust that's flying through the air. Little does he know, but that tiny speck is actually its own planet; home to a city called Who-Ville and a feisty major (voiced by Steve Carell) who's privy to the world outside Who-Ville, even if no one else is. When the residents of Who-Ville ask Horton for protection, he happily obliges -- however, the surrounding animals all think he's gone nuts. Can Horton help his animal pals hear the Who-Ville cries before it's too late, and they end up a part of "beezlenut stew?" Though it's only a teaser, I have to say this one definitely has potential -- as it should with a voice cast that includes Carrey, Carell, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Dane Cook, Will Arnett, Dan Fogler, Amy Poehler and Isla Fisher. It also goes to show that Dr. Seuss material belongs in the animation realm, and not in live action. As much as I love Mike Myers and Jim Carrey, their two Seuss-related films (The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas) were, um, not that good. Check out the trailer above; Horton Hears a Who hits theaters on March 14, 2008.
Most Popular Articles
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- Julia Roberts Paid $3 Million for Four Days of Work on 'Mother's Day':...
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans