Most intriguing are the two commentary tracks. One track will feature James L. Brooks (a hero of mine), Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta (voice of Homer and many other characters), and Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa). The other will be a directors' commentary by Silverman, Mike B. Anderson, Steven Dean Moore and Rich Moore. There will also be deleted scenes, though not as many as I was expecting considering all the versions the movie went through on its way to release. These include: an alternate ending, something called "Sausage Truck," and additional work from Albert Brooks as Russ Cargill - whom I would argue stole the film. He certainly delivered its funniest line: "Rats can't be trapped this easily. You're trapped like...carrots." You also get Homer's amusing Tonight Show monologue, the Simpsons judging American Idol, and alternate character designs by the directors and Groening. Oh, and on DVD you can pause all the hardcore full-frontal Bart action!
Most Popular Articles
- Alicia Vikander to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot
- Neil Patrick Harris Is Unrecognizable as Netflix's Count Olaf in 'Unfortunate' Set Photo
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- 5 Reasons Why Nothing Can Stop 'Jungle Book' at the Box Office
- Fox Cancels Comic-Con Panel Over Piracy Concerns: Report
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix