Cinematical has just received this exclusive poster for the film The Visitor (click on the image for a larger version), which has already played a number of festivals (Toronto, Sundance) and marks the sophomore effort for writer-director Thomas McCarthy, whose Station Agent was all sorts of warm and toasty. In The Visitor, Richard Jenkins stars as a boring economics professor who travels to New York City for a conference. But when he unlocks the door to his seldom-used NYC apartment, he realizes two other people are living there. That's nice. In his review from Sundance, our own Scott Weinberg noted: "The result is a movie with a message, sure, but it works even better as a touching look at a lonely man who finds some warmth, friendship and affection in the most unexpected of places: His own forgotten apartment." The Visitor arrives in theaters (in limited release) on April 11.
Most Popular Articles
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- 19 Times Captain America Was the Best Part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell Are Mothers Gone Wild in 'Bad Moms' Trailer