But in an interview with SOS Hollywood, Leterrier revealed it was an actual scene that had landed on the cutting room floor. "There's a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decides to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we've cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America! At some point this week, we will make it available on the internet – but I cannot tell you where or when – and the material will definitely be on the DVD."
It is possible the scene could end up after the credits roll, like the Nick Fury cameo in Iron Man (which was also added after press screenings). But as of now, it seems to exist only in the Easter egg laden opening credits. But I'm wondering who the heck is playing Captain America in this cameo -- or if we only see him from the back in a nonspeaking role?
Most Popular Articles
- C.J. Cregg Delivers the White House Briefing Just Like on 'The West Wing'
- Taylor Swift May Cameo as Dazzler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Rian Johnson Shares 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Set Photos
- 16 Times Ellie Kemper Was Our Ultimate Spirit Animal
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix
- Alicia Vikander to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot