Here's the new trailer for Disney's 3-D talking guinea pig movie (and I have to say that's a phrase I never thought I'd find myself using). Yeah, it looks cute and with voice talent like Tracy Morgan and Steve Buscemi there may be something here. Still I worry that, like most of the 3-D films I've seen in the last few years, G-Force will concentrate on the cool 3-D to the detriment of the film's other aspects. This one scurries into theaters on July 24.
Rufus Sewell plays a man who comes to realize his wife (Maria Bello) is not just away visiting friends as she claimed but pursuing a torrid and often perverse relationship with a man she has met online (Jason Patric). Looks dark and fascinating. This one goes into limited release on June 5.
Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl
Two words: arterial spray. After watching this trailer I have really no idea what this Japanese flick is about other than it's got the gore going on. Practical and digital blood join forces here in an over the top hemoglobin-fueled splatter fest that defies description. I'm interested in finding out more, especially since this is directed by Yoshihiro Nishimura who gave us Tokyo Gore Police. This is not for the faint of heart and probably should be viewed only under the clinical supervision of a doctor. a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/paperheart/">Paper Heart
There's a sequel to Inkheart already? Not quite. A young woman who does not believe in love is filming a documentary about the phenomenon of being in love. Along the way she meets and develops a relationship with a young man played Michael Cera. I think there's something genuinely unique here. Limited release begins on August 7 with wider release following on August 14.
Celebrity photographer Michael Grecco sets out to capture the essence of the AVN adult entertainment expo and its accompanying awards show. Come on, you're just as curious as I am. This one gets a limited release on April 30.
New this week on AOL Moviefone:
- The Chaser - South Korean film about a former cop turned pimp who is determined to track down the serial killer who has been preying on his girls.
- Rudo y Cursi - Spanish language film from Mexico about two small town brothers who become professional soccer players for rival teams.
- Perestroika - Set in 1992, an expatriate Russian physicist returns to Moscow for the first time in 17 years.
- Hush - A young couple find themselves in a dangerous game of cat and mouse after they witness a woman being abducted.
- Summer Hours - Family drama about three siblings who must decide what to do with their mother's valuable belongings after her death.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Third trailer for the sixth film in the Harry Potter series.
- Extract - The new comedy from director Mike Judge.
- Moon - A miner nearing the end of a three year mission working alone on the moon learns something is up when he discovers an injured clone of himself.
- The Stoning of Soraya M. - A reporter learns of a hidden secret in a small Iranian village.
- How to Be - A young twenty-something attempts to find himself after his girlfriend dumps him and he is forced to move in with his parents.
- My Sister's Keeper - After learning she had been conceived to provide a bone marrow donor for her sister, a young girl sues her parents for emancipation.
- The Hangover - A bachelor party in Vegas goes horribly horribly wrong.