Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
There's a new full length trailer out for the Transformers sequel and it's chock full of... well, pretty much the same stuff we got the first time around: a whiny lead actor, the superhumanly hot Megan Fox and giant mechanoids beating the 10W-40 out of each other. In a film where cars turn into giant alien robots credibility is further strained when Shia LaBeouf's character tells Bumblebee he won't be taking him to college. What college freshman doesn't want a car? I guess we find out on June 24.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Speaking of movies based on cartoons that were based on toys, there's a new trailer out for G.I. Joe. This one can go either way; the cast is decent and the explosions are plentiful. Watch for the Real American Heroes on August 7, and check out the trailer below.
A young man with asperger's syndrome falls in love with the new woman who has moved into his building. Nothing about this one really grabs me and it feels like so many other quirky romantic comedies. It goes into limited release on July 29. a href="http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14345959/blood-the-last-vampire-live-action/videos/blood_lv_trail_042909.html">Blood the Last Vampire
Being in English, this new trailer was easier for me to follow than the last one I posted about. Based on an anime feature film and series of the same name, we've got a young female protagonist in a school uniform wielding a samurai sword and taking out undead bloodsuckers. What's not to like? Still no U.S. release date, though.
While I didn't think Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was quite the abomination that many horror fans claimed, I was certainly in no hurry for a sequel. We've got one, though, and Michael and Dr. Loomis both seem to have survived their respective demises in the last film. Michael's sporting a much more rough around the edges look and he's apparently being guided by the ghost of his late mother. The shrieking begins on August 28.
Ever since The Gilmore Girls left the airwaves there just hasn't been enough Alexis Bledel in the world. Post Grad does it's part to change that by having miss Bledel playing a recent college graduate having trouble adjusting to life in the real world. Might be cute enough to recapture the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants crowd. Watch for it on August 21.
New this week from AOL Moviefone:
- The Hurt Locker - Set in 2004 this one tells the tale of U.S. soldiers in Iraq responsible for the disarming and disposal of enemy explosives.
- Shorts - In this family film from Robert Rodriguez a put upon boy finds a magical rock that grants wishes.
- The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - Second trailer for the John Travolta/Denzel Washington action flick about a New York subway car full of commuters being held hostage.
- More Than a Game - Documentary tracking five young basketball stars from Ohio, one of whom happens to be future NBA superstar LeBron James.
- Naked Ambition - Documentary about the AVN adult entertainment expo and its accompanying awards show.
- Julie and Julia - This film follows the exploits of two women in two different eras: blogger and author Julie Powell (Amy Adams) and TV chef Julia Child (Meryl Streep).
- Say it in Russian - An American businessman travels to Russia with a beautiful woman he met in Paris only to find they are both in grave danger.
- Pressure Cooker - Documentary following two semesters of a culinary arts class in inner city Philadelphia.
- Julia - A middle aged alcoholic woman attempts to steer her life back on course.
- The Girlfriend Experience - Set in the weeks leading up to the 2008 presidential election, this film follows the life of high end called girl played by porn star Sasha Grey.
- The Big Shot-Caller - A newly unemployed accountant rediscovers his love for salsa dancing.