Bruce Willis stars in this futuristic science fiction flick based on a graphic novel. Surrogates are remotely controlled robots through which everyone lives there lives. Regardless of what damage is inflicted on the surrogate, the operator remains safe in his or her home. At least that has been the case, but now it seems someone is actually killing people through their surrogates and Willis plays the police detective on the case. Looking forward to this one when it hits on September 25.
I've never had much more than a passing interest Arthur Conan Doyle's most famous character, but this trailer has got me on the bandwagon. Robert Downey Jr as Holmes? Way cool. Jude Law as Watson? Awesome. Am I reading too much into it or are they trying to make it look like there's some kind of sexual tension between the two? Either way, this looks film will be director Guy Ritchie's Christmas present to the world when it releases on December 25.
Not to be confused with another forthcoming film called Nine, this is the second trailer for an amazing looking animated feature about small man-made creatures apparently made of burlap fighting off killer robots in a post apocalyptic world. It comes out on September 9.
There's a new trailer for Sacha Baron Cohen's followup to Borat. Bruno is a flamboyantly gay fashionista and as with Borat this film documents his adventures with people who don't realize Cohen is playing a character. This looks really funny and it will be out on July 10.
em>Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
This remake of a 1956 film stars Michael Douglas as a successful District Attorney with his sights set on the governor's mansion. All that is threatened when a reporter begins digging up proof of evidence tampering. Basically an uninspired by the numbers thriller. This one goes into limited release on September 11.
New on AOL Moviefone:
- Aliens in the Attic - Family film about a pint-sized group of invading aliens living in a family's summer home.
- Princess and the Frog - Disney's newest animated feature.
- Dark Mirror - Supernatural thriller about a family moving into a home with a troubled past.
- Drag Me To Hell - New horror film from the director of the Evil Dead films and the Spider-man series.
- Precious: Based on a Novel by Sapphire - A teenage girl is given the chance to change her life by transfering to an alternative school.
- Blood: The Last Vampire- Live action feature based on the anime.
- Humpday - Two straight men test their friendship by entering having sex together in an amateur porn contest.
- The Answer Man - The agoraphobic author of a bestselling book on spirituality tries to overcome his fears to help a young mother and a recovering addict.
- Nine- Muscial in which a film director suffers from both creative and personal crises while balancing the the many women in his life.
- Gamer - In the not too distant future, convicted felons serve as player characters in a real life video game and the survivor gets to go free.