- The Fake Science blog is my new favorite blog. You'll never guess how 3D glasses work...
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Oz's Adebisi, Lost's Mr. Eko) has been cast in Matthijs van Heijningen's prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. I don't care if the rumors are true that he's a hard actor to work with, I've been a big fan of his since Oz and I'm very curious to see him tackle a horror movie.
- Michael Bay will produce an adaptation of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's unpublished novel Gideon's Sword for Paramount. Variety doesn't say what the novel is about, but considering this is Michael Bay here, I'm guessing it will provide some kind of scenario for plenty of 'splosions to take place.
- Jesse Eisenberg will be re-teaming with Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer for 30 Minutes or Less, a comedy about a history teacher (Aziz Ansari) and a pizza-delivery man (Eisenberg) who have to rob a bank because one of them has a bomb strapped to their chest. Genius.
- Alice in Wonderland is now the sixth film ever to make it past $1 billion at the global box office, which also marks the second time a Johnny Depp film has joined the $1 billion club.
- Having your own production studio kind of guys hand-in-hand with living in LA, so it's not exactly surprising that Seann William Scott is starting one of his own called Elephant Pictures. It is very cool, however, that Scott's partner in the venture is The Promotion director Steve Conrad.
- Sam Mendes gotta eat.
- I'm sure this blooper from the Frighteners exists on one of the 800 different DVD releases of the film I don't own, but this is the first time I've seen it. I think I'm in love. Sure, in retrospect, seeing Michael J. Fox forgetting what movie he's in is bittersweet, but it's late and it still makes me laugh every time I hit play. Note: It's weird to think of anything involving Michael J. Fox as possibly NSFW, but he does drop a subtle F bomb here, so be warned.