- Iron Man R2-D2 (via SCI FI Wire) marks the second time the indomitable droid has appeared in Cinematical Late Night in less than a week. Little guy just won't go away.
- Fox has bumped the release of the Cruise-Cameron actioner Knight and Day forward by two days to June 23rd. Looks to me like all the good will the oft aloof Tom Cruise earned back at the MTV Movie Awards paid off.
- Seth Green wouldn't say much to MTV regarding his upcoming involvement in an untitled Star Wars sitcom, but he did confirm that it will be CG animation and that it won't, contrary to previous rumors, take place after the events of Return of the Jedi.
- Time for a confession: I'm really looking forward to The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I'd see it for Nicolas Cage as a sorcerer alone, but I'm actually quite enjoying all the trailers for it thus far. They play straight to the kid in me, as does this new character poster HitFix premiered. It looks like it should be part of a trading card game, which 10-year old me would think was awesome.
- This is kind of non-news, but The Hangover director Todd Phillips wants to give Mike Tyson another role (via Gordan and the Whale) in something he produces or directrs. The only reason I mention this is because the idea of Mike Tyson's massive mitts pressing the tiny buttons on a phone to text Phillips, let alone to ask him to put the boxer back on the big screen, cracks me up.
- Were you aware that Sony's Betamax VCR is 35-years old now? If you had to ask, "What's Betamax?" then I'm guessing no, you were not aware of it.
- According to nebulous sources (via CHUD), Kim Kardashian is in talks to fill Angelina Jolie's boots as Lara Croft in a new Tomb Raider series "aimed at a teen audience". Two things: 1) Considering the phrasing of that quote, who were Jolie's films aimed at if not teens? 2) Given Lara Croft's recent make-over to look more exotic, Kim Kardashian may not be far off in the aesthetics department; I just fear what that booty's effect will have an audiences when it's coming at them in 3D.
- Darth Vader is kind of a dick: