- Ever wonder what Bugs Bunny's skeleton looked like? Me neither, weirdo.
- A film adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan's teens-run-from-their-super-villain-parents Marvel series Runaways is set to enter production this coming January. No cast is attached, but Peter Sollett (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) will be directing.
- I wouldn't recommend reading it without having seen the movie first, even though it is technically a prequel, but Yahoo recently went live with Inception: The Cobol Job, a 30-page comic available for free right here.
- Speaking ofInception, the LA Times' Hero Complex blog reminds us that Brad Pitt and Will Smith were both thought of for the film before Leonardo DiCaprio ended up with the gig.
- EW is reporting that Disney asked a few key players at Pixar to take a look at a rough cut of Tron Legacy and offer ways of improving it, which resulted in Disney hiring Brad Bird and Michael Arndt to re-write some material for re-shoots. Bird and Arndt having their hand in Tron Legacy is certainly interesting enough, particularly if it is indicative of a troubled script, but what's even more interesting is that this could be, as EW posits, a sign that Disney is very eager to integrate its separate creative departments when the need arises. Anything that brings us closer to a Pixar/Marvel team-up is okay in my book.
- Marc Forster would like to follow Machine Gun Preacher with Heretics, a true story chronicled in an episode of This American Life about a preacher who was ostracized by his community for preaching that Hell did not exist.
- I normally don't care too much when celebrities get married, but since both parties are genuinely talented and seemingly likable individuals, it's worth mentioning that Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardemtied the knot at the beginning of the month.
- Improv Everywhere strikes again!