- Why wouldn't Chewbacca fight Nazis while riding a squirrel?
- This is just a friendly PSA that if your mobile phone of choice runs on Android, IMDb's official app is now available for download from the marketplace.
- Wondering why the Hunter S. Thompson biopic Rum Diary, staring Johnny Depp, is still without a release date? Co-star Aaron Eckhart tells FSR that it probably has to do with the fact that the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean means that star Depp just simply doesn't have the time to properly promote the film on the press circuit. That being the case, we'll likely have to wait until 2011 to see the film.
- Director Joseph Kosinski's name has been attached to a few post-Tron: Legacy projects, but it looks like if he has his way, he'll be directing an adaptation of his own graphic novel, Oblivion, next. Kosinksi and Barry Levine (head of the novels' publisher) will be pitching the sci-fi story about a wasteland-wandering soldier in the future to Disney first, with a number of studios to follow should they say no.
- Of all the Inception trailer mash-ups thus far, Bill and Ted's Excellent Inception is my favorite:
- Isaiah Mustafa, AKA "The Old Spice Guy", has been cast in Horrible Bosses and Tyler Perry's For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf. It was only a matter of time before he made that jump.
- The gorgeous Lena Headey joins Michael Ironside, Kate Mara and Michael Trucco in the "Assault on Precinct 13 meets The Thing" flick Safe House. I think all those names/titles in the same sentence just gave me a geekgasm.
- And, finally, it has little to do with movies, just figured I'd share the final (and best) cinematic trailer for Starcraft 2.