- I've seen quite a few artistic re-interpretations of Star Wars iconography, but this steampunk Stormtrooper helmet takes the cake.
- I can't be the only person who is excited about Deep Blue Sea on Blu-ray, right? Too bad it's a Best Buy exclusive, I'll actually have to expose my skin to sunlight to go purchase it.
- It's basically exactly what's been rumored for quite some time, but Shock Till You Drop did discover an official logline for Kevin Smith'sRed State: "A group of kids encounters a crazed preacher (based on Fred Phelps, founder of the Westboro Baptist Church) who gives a whole new meaning to the term "extreme fundamentalism.""
- Ving Rhames, one of the few actors to survive all three Mission: Impossible films, confirms that his character of Luther Stickell will be back for the Brad Bird-directed M:I4.
- Blake Lively and Scarlett Johansson are both currently fighting for the female lead opposite Robert Downey Jr. in Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity. It's a good thing principle photography on The Green Lantern has wrapped, otherwise it might be kind of awkward for Ryan Reynolds on set seeing as co-star Lively is competing against his wife.
- Fox is in talks with Max Landis (John Landis' son) to pick up his script Chronicle, which is about a trio of teens who develop super powers after exposure to a mysterious substance. The plan would be to give the film to first-time director Josh Trank, who would shoot it hand-held style on the cheap.
- Fan-made trailers tend to amuse me more than they do most people, but this one for The Last Defender is particularly top notch. [via Quiet Earth]
- Screen Junkies have edited together this neat little compilation of a number of instantly-recognizable scenes filmed within the Quality Cafe in LA: