In advance of the upcoming 'Toy Story 3' DVD/Blu-ray release, Disney/Pixar have provided Cinematical with a whole bunch of exclusive concept images/artwork from the film's pre-production stages, giving us a small peek inside the world of 'Toy Story' long before it takes the shape of what you eventually see on the big screen.
The images, all of which you can view by clicking on the gallery below, range from rough sketches (see the above image featuring an early look at Andy's age progression over the years) to preliminary artwork and character drawings (the latter of which are fun to look at because they also contain a bunch of notes on character traits, etc...).
It's a film that many say has a good chance at becoming the first animated movie to ever win best picture, and so, naturally, one of the best films of the year will be arriving in stores with a bunch of different options for the consumer. Not only will you be able to buy the regular DVD or Blu-ray, but there's also a Blu-ray combo pack featuring the Blu-ray, DVD and digital download, as well as a special Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection featuring all three 'Toy Story' movies on Blu-ray, DVD and as digital copies. The various different 'Toy Story 3' DVD/Blu-rays will hit shelves on November 2nd. Check out our exclusive images below, as well as all of the special features you'll find on the DVD/Blu-ray after the jump.
TOY STORY 3 - Bonus Features:
• Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar
artist and Director Teddy Newton.
• Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3's beloved toys from updating the classic
characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie's Room toys.
• Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in
conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz's visit to the
International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz's
triumphant return to Earth.
• Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about
• The Gang's All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3
and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
• A Toy's Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy
Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
• Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
"Where's Gordon?" – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
"Cereal Bar" – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
"Clean Start" – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark
the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: Everything on the DVD plus...
• Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with
Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy
• Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K.
• Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from
Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz,
Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and
Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
• Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes
successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
• Bonnie's Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director
Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the "Bonnie's Playtime" scene to life.
• Roundin' Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie's exciting
• Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a
few of the shots in the film's "Western Opening."
• Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the
scene "Andy's Goodbye."
• Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers
found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that
took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible
success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15
• Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.