From PopEater: Eight-time Oscar host Billy Crystal returned to his most famous stage to a rousing standing ovation. Crystal, who hasn't hosted the show since 2004, came to introduce a segment featuring Bob Hope hosting the first televised Oscars.
"So where was I," Crystal joked when hitting the stage. "Some things never change. The producers have asked me to tell you we are running a little long, so here are the nominees for Best Picture."
"The first televised Oscars was in 1953. I was five years old so for those of you who stink in math I'm 47. The host that year was Bob Hope. He hosted it 18 times, I hosted it eight and I was popped after two. Bob was the Oscars. He was funny, he was classy and he was what I think the Oscar host must be: a sexy movie star."
Check out the video inside!
This article originally appeared on PopEater. Read the rest of the article here.
Original post by PopEater Staff
Oscars 2011 Red Carpet Photos
See photos of the biggest stars in Hollywood as they arrive on the Oscars red carpet.
More on the 2011 Oscars
- News: 'King's Speech' Is Big Winner at 2011 Oscars
- Oscar Winners 2011
- Oscars Red Carpet 2011
- Oscars Best Dressed 2011
- Oscars Worst Dressed 2011
- Oscars 2011 Best & Worst Moments
- Why Were the Oscars So Boring?
- 5 Stars Who Would've Been Better Oscar Hosts
- Corey Haim and Peter Graves Left Out of Oscars In Memoriam Segment
- Review: James Franco and Anne Hathaway As Oscar Hosts -- Bring Back David Letterman!