Today on indieWIRE: 'Meek's Cutoff' comes out on top, Kim Cattrall heads for a trailer park, and a SXSW breakout finds a home.
- In indieWIRE's new weekly column, Critical Consensus, 'Meek's Cutoff' came out as the reigning champ of the week, which bodes well for the indie Western.
- With the 10th Tribeca Film Festival drawing near, indieWIRE published interviews with three filmmakers as part of the annual Meet the Tribeca Filmmaker series.
- "Fantasy Meets Reality" reads the tagline on the poster for 'Meet Monica Velour,' which stars Kim Cattrall as a washed up porn star. Check out indieWIRE's review to see if Cattrall succeeded at taking a turn to the trashy side.
- Over in Dallas, indieWIRE caught up with director Gil Cates Jr., who's new film, 'Lucky,' was picked up for distribution a day ahead of its world premiere at the 2011 Dallas International Film Festival. Click here to learn what inspired Cates to helm the dark comedy that stars Colin Hanks.
- In another interview, Thompson on Hollywood posted a preview of director Joe Wright's ('Hanna') interview with Vanity Fair. Be on the lookout for indieWIRE's interview with the filmmaker tomorrow.
- Today, news hit that both Joshua Marston's follow up to 'Maria Full of Grace,' 'The Forgiveness of Blood' and SXSW breakout 'Attack the Block' were picked up for distribution.
- Fans of Ryan Gosling (and his abs) might want to take a peek at the just-released trailer for the romantic comedy 'Crazy Stupid Love,' from the team that made 'I Love You Phillip Morris.' For some more ab action, check out Ryan Reynolds in the full 'Green Lantern' WonderCon extended trailer.
categories 'fone Finds