It's official: Halle Berry and her fiance Olivier Martinez have a baby boy on the way.
Martinez, 47, didn't shy away from the topic of his son-to-be while at the opening night of the Champs-Élysées Film Festival in Paris on June 12.
"My son will be an American, but I remain French," the actor and 2013 festival president told People. "I'm French -- it's less important. Meaning, I remain a Frenchman in America, but I adapt to American culture. I feel good there -- but I'm still a foreigner. My son will be an American."
Berry and Olivier met and began dating in 2010 while filming the thriller "Dark Tide." After much speculation, Berry confirmed their engagement in March 2012, and the 46-year-old Oscar winner shared the happy -- and wholly unexpected -- news of her pregnancy in April 2013.
"This has been the biggest surprise of my life, to tell you the truth," she admitted to CNN at the time. "Thought I was kind of past the point where this could be a reality for me. So it's been a big surprise and the most wonderful."
Berry and Martinez's coming bundle of joy will have an older sister in Nahla, Berry's 5-year-old daughter from her relationship with model Gabriel Aubry.
As a Champs-Élysées Film Festival guest of honor, Berry and her growing baby bump hit the red carpet on June 13.
Most Popular Articles
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Mock 'Pathetic' Avengers for Ditching Thor and Hulk
- J.K. Rowling Apologizes for, and Explains, Another Harry Potter Death
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...
- Dylan O'Brien's 'Very Serious' Injuries Worse Than Expected, 'Maze Runner' on Hold
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans
- Marvel's 'The Punisher' Spinoff Series Ordered by Netflix