Lily Collins has had roles opposite A-listers such as Sandra Bullock (in "The Blindside"), Juilanne Moore (in "The English Teacher"), and Julia Roberts (in "Mirror Mirror"), but she is slowly carving out a spot on the A-list for herself. And, her new role as Clary Fray in the movie adaptation of the wildly popular YA book series "The Mortal Instruments" definitely won't hurt her chances.
So, before she blows up Jennifer Lawrence-style, here are 15 things you didn't know about Collins to ensure you're in the loop.
1. In case the last name didn't tip you off, her father is singer Phil Collins. But, the 24-year-old has said she never asked her dad for help getting into the business.
2. Before she got bit by the acting bug, she wanted to be a journalist. She studied broadcast journalism at USC, but left school after the bigger roles started rolling in.
3. As a teenager, she started writing for Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and the LA Times magazine.
4. She was born in the U.K., but moved to L.A. at the age of five after her parents split.
5. Maxim named her one of their hottest rockstar daughters in 2009.
6. She was ranked number four on People magazine's Most Beautiful in 2012.
7. One of her first auditions was for Bella Swan in "Twilight," but she obviously lost out on that role to Kristen Stewart.
8. She also lost out on the title role in "Snow White and the Huntsman" to Stewart, but eventually got to play the Disney princess when she took over for Saoirse Ronan in 2012's "Mirror Mirror."
9. Her hobbies include black and white photography, baking, and antique shopping.
10. She has said the one actress she is dying to work with is Meryl Streep.
11. She's a big Harry Potter fan, and has said she would've loved to play Hermione.
12. Her infamous eyebrows have their own Twitter account. She doesn't run the account and has no idea who does.
13. According to this Elle Canada interview, she's a master riddle-solver.
14. She began dating her "Mortal Instruments" co-star Jamie Campbell Bower last July, but they broke up earlier this August.
15. She recently starred in a music video for M83's "Claudia Lewis." The video was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard, and Lily sported a funky-colored blue wig.