The trailer for director Alexander Payne's latest film, "Nebraska," tells the story of Woody Grant (Bruce Dern), a senior citizen convinced he's now a millionaire after receiving a sweepstakes letter in the mail. While his son (Will Forte) remains skeptical of the letter's veracity, Woody won't be swayed, and demands to be taken to the film's titular state to collect his winnings.
But of course, as everyday lottery winners can attest, when money comes, so do hangers-on, and suddenly Woody becomes very popular in his small town. Soon, it seems everyone wants a piece of the potentially-imaginary pie, and some are less polite than others in requesting a share.
"What's the harm in letting him have his fantasy for a couple more days?" asks Forte's character. It seems Payne's film is all about letting us find out.
"Nebraska," shot in sumptuous black and white, hits theaters November 15.
Most Popular Articles
- Kit Harington Fooled His 'Game of Thrones' Castmates, Too
- Blake Lively Outsmarts a Shark in Bloody Intense 'The Shallows' Trailer
- Dylan O'Brien's 'Very Serious' Injuries Worse Than Expected, 'Maze Runner' on Hold
- 'Game of Thrones': Does Ramsay Get This Long-Absent Character as a 'Gift'?
- Kit Harington Apologizes for Lying to 'Game of Thrones' Fans
- 'The Craft': 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About One of Your Favorite...