The new "American Hustle" trailer has it all: excessive wealth, cleavage, comb-overs, pompadours, home perms, and plenty of high-stakes criminal scheming.
"We gotta get over on all these guys, that's what we need to be thinking about right now," a curler-coifed Amy Adams tells Christian Bale. To which he somberly replies, "It's gotta be the best we've ever done."
If that quiet, intense moment is designed to set our expectations for David O. Russell's '70s-set crime drama, then count us in.
For anyone who isn't into Oscar-caliber acting or high-profile cinematic storytelling, the trailer is still worth watching just to see Bradley Cooper sporting some tight, pink curlers, Jennifer Lawrence delivering a rimshot-worthy insult while smoking a cigarette (gasp!), and Christian Bale flaunting a big ol' beer gut and comb-over. Oh, and Jeremy Renner wearing a pompadour like a pro.
"American Hustle" hits theaters Christmas Day.
EARLIER: 'American Hustle' Poster Debut: The '70s Never Looked So Good (PHOTOS)
Most Popular Articles
- Rose Byrne: Oiling Up Shirtless Zac Efron Was 'Disgusting'
- Daniel Craig Turned Down $99M to Return as Bond? Not So Fast!
- Sara Ramirez Officially Exits 'Grey's Anatomy': See the Beautiful Tributes
- Netflix Reveals Title, Poster for 'Gilmore Girls' Revival
- Watch Disney's First 'Beauty and the Beast' Teaser Trailer With Emma Watson
- 'X-Men': 15 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Marvel's Mutants