Having already won over the hearts of TV viewers everywhere, Aaron Paul now has his eyes set on the big screen.
Best known for playing Jesse Pinkman in "Breaking Bad," the actor hits theaters this Friday in the adrenaline-pumping "Need for Speed." Success didn't come easy for the talented actor, however, who had to work his way from humble beginnings to become the Emmy-winning man he is today.
From a legendary encounter with Michael Jackson to his former mascot job, here are 17 things you probably don't know about Aaron Paul.
1. Paul auditioned for the role of Francis on "Malcolm in the Middle" (2000), the hit sitcom that starred his future "Breaking Bad" co-star, Bryan Cranston.
2. The "Breaking Bad" star was born Aaron Paul Sturtevant in Emmett, Idaho, on August 27, 1979.
3. His father is a Southern Baptist minister.
4. While at the Prince of Brunei's 25th-birthday party, Paul had an hour-long heart-to-heart with Michael Jackson and ended up taking shots with the legendary musician. And all before his "Breaking Bad" fame!
5. In 2000, the actor appeared on "The Price Is Right" as a contestant -- and he couldn't have been more psyched. Paul appeared in the Showcase round, but unfortunately overbid by just $132.
6. In order to afford the move to Los Angeles, Paul worked up to five jobs at a time, including Pizza Hut delivery boy and giant frog mascot for a radio station. After graduating high school, the aspiring actor drove out to LA with a few thousand bucks in his pocket.
7. In eighth grade, Paul knew he wanted to be an actor after taking his first real acting class.
8. His first film role was a supporting turn in "Whatever It Takes" (2000), which starred James Franco and Shane West.
9. Still trying to pave his way in Hollywood, Paul starred in music videos for the bands Korn ("Thoughtless") and Everlast ("White Trash Beautiful").
10. The actor married Lauren Parsekian in May, 2013, in a 1920s Parisian-carnival-themed wedding (his idea). The wedding took place in Malibu, California, with music by Foster the People and John Mayer.
11. Paul hosted WWE Raw in March, 2014.
12. In December 2013, it was announced that Paul's animated series "BoJack Horseman: A Tale of Fear, Loathing and Animals" will premiere on Netflix sometime in 2014.
13. He's known to surprise and introduce himself to tourists that drive by his residence in Hollywood. What a cool, humble guy!
14. Paul worked as a movie theater usher at Universal Studios in Hollywood prior to having success as an actor.
15. The actor has two Emmys (Best Supporting Actor) for his breakout role in "Breaking Bad," opposite Bryan Cranston.
16. According to his Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything), the biggest similarity between Paul and his "Breaking Bad" character, Jesse Pinkman, is that they both have a huge soft spot for kids and want to protect them.
17. The actor has acknowledged he's had limited formal acting training and never understood "strange acting exercises." His method is to simply pretend he's someone else and delve into the character completely.
[Sources: IMDb, Wikipedia, Details, Yahoo!]
Photo by Getty Images