Plot & Details
One young man's desire to rise from his ghetto upbringing leads him into a life of crime, an action which has unexpected worldwide consequences, in this urban drama. Ricky Ross (Glenn Plummer) grew up in South Central Los Angeles, and as he came of age in the 1980s, he was desperate to earn enough money to make his way out of the ghetto. Convinced that dealing drugs was the easiest way for a young African-American to gain wealth, Ricky formed a gang called the Freeway Boyz, who in collaboration with a distributor from South America began importing cocaine into California. Ricky and his cohorts soon find a ready market for their drugs after they process the cocaine into crack, but the Freeway Boyz aren't initially aware that their American contacts are affiliated with the CIA -- and they're using the profits from drug dealing to finance a brutal right-wing political faction overseas. 100 Kilos also stars Dwayne Adway and Suzanne Mari.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 110min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/14/2001
- Director(s): Rod S. Scott
- Starring: Glenn Plummer , Dwayne Adway
- Themes: Inner City Blues,Drug Trade
- Tone: Angry,Bleak,Gloomy,Gritty
- Keywords: CIA (Central-Intelligence-Agency), cocaine, drug-dealer, gang-leader, ghetto, right-wing
- Language: English