Plot & Details
Glenn Close goes to the dogs once again in this sequel to 101 Dalmatians, Disney's 1996 live-action adaptation of their beloved animated classic. After three years in prison, Cruella De Vil (Close) is judged to have paid her debt to society and is set free, as she pledges to have nothing to do with animal fur (especially dogs) ever again. Meanwhile, Kevin (Ioan Gruffudd) operates an animal shelter that has fallen on hard times; unless he's able to find new financial support, the lost dogs he's been caring for will have nowhere to go. Kevin and his girlfriend Chloe (Alice Evans), who happens to be Cruella's parole officer, get the idea of bringing their plight to the people through the press, but media reports of the shelter's problems attract an unlikely benefactor -- Cruella. While Ms. De Vil claims the purest of intentions, it seems the shelter is housing a large number of dalmatians, and in cahoots with mad fashion designer Monsieur Le Pelt (Gérard Depardieu), she plans to turn the puppies into haute couture. 102 Dalmatians was the first live-action feature for director Kevin Lima, who previously helmed two animated features for Disney, A Goofy Movie and Tarzan.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Family,Comedy
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/22/2000
- DVD Release Date: 04/03/2001
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Kevin Lima
- Starring: Glenn Close , Ioan Gruffudd , Alice Evans , Tim McInnerny , Ian Richardson
- Themes: Daring Rescues,Man's Best Friend
- Tone: Light,Affectionate,Easygoing,Humorous,Sweet
- Keywords: animal-rescue, dog, dognapping
- Country of Origin: USA (11-22-2000)
- Language: English