Plot & Details
Inspired by Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins' 1968 excursion into Patagonia, adventurer Jeff Johnson sets out to retrace the footsteps of his heroes' arduous trek as filmmaker Chris Malloy follows with camera in hand. But despite the thrill of surfing the biggest wave he's ever encountered, Johnson quickly discovers just how treacherous things can get when you decide to challenge Mother Nature's majesty; in addition to enduring some particularly rough waters just off the coast of Easter Island, he quickly discovers that conquering Cerro Corcovado is no simple task. Later, during a face-to-face meeting with Chouinard and Tompkins, Johnson learns how their lifelong quest to explore everything that nature has to offer eventually lead them on a drive to ensure that the places they visited over the years will be preserved for future generations of explorers to discover.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/21/2010
- DVD Release Date: 06/08/2010
- Director(s): Chris Malloy
- Starring: Yvon Chouinard , Jeff Johnson , Keith Malloy , Makohe Ika , Timmy O'Neil
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Wanderlust
- Tone: Atmospheric,Tense
- Keywords: adventurer,hero,journey,nature,preservation,quest,shipwreck,surfing,wilderness
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-24-2010)
- Language: English