Plot & Details
The Red Riding Trilogy draws to a close in this installment that finds Detective Chief Superintendent Maurice Jobson (David Morrissey) realizing that the Yorkshire Ripper may still be at large, despite the fact that someone has already been convicted of the heinous crimes. When a young girl is abducted in an incident that bears a chilling resemblance to the crimes of the Yorkshire Ripper, Chief Superintendent Jobson is forced to consider the possibility that he helped to put the wrong man behind bars. Meanwhile, local solicitor John Piggott (Mark Addy) stumbles onto evidence of a massive cover up, and wages a one-man mission to uncover the truth. Adapted from British author David Pease's best-selling series of crime novels centering on the mystery of the Yorkshire Ripper.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/05/2010
- DVD Release Date: 07/01/2011
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Director(s): Anand Tucker
- Starring: Mark Addy , Cara Seymour , Sean Bean , Chris Walker , Jim Carter
- Themes: Miscarriage of Justice,Police Corruption,Murder Investigations,Scandals and Cover-Ups,Conspiracies,Amateur Sleuths,Missing Persons
- Tone: Disturbing,Downbeat,Grim,Ominous,Paranoid,Stylized
- Keywords: cover-up, kidnapping, police-detective, real-estate-tycoon, superintendent
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-05-2010)
- Language: English