Plot & Details
Directed by Guddu Dhanoa, this film chronicles the life and eventual martyrdom of Indian revolutionary Bhagat Singh. Singh (Bobby Deol), who grew up in an impoverished neighborhood, didn't truly grasp the concept of freedom fighting until his uncle was forced to flee from the British military. The carnage inflicted by the British upon a local village caused Singh to vow to spend his life fighting agasint them. While attending college, an eager Singh joins the non-cooperation movement originated by Mahatma Gahndi in 1921, but becomes disillusioned. After deciding that action was required, Singh leaves his mother and joins the revolutionary party of Chandrashekhar Azad (Sunny Deol). After participating in the oftentimes violent boycott movement, both Singh and Azad are arrested by British authorities on March 23rd, 1931.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 185min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/14/2002
- Distributor(s): Dharmendra
- Director(s): Guddu Dhanoa
- Starring: Bobby Deol , Sunny Deol , Amrita Singh , Tej Sapru , Rahul Dev
- Themes: Political Unrest
- Keywords: British, India (subcontinent), colonialism, revolution