Plot & Details
After squaring off in 1995 with competing movie biographies of frontier lawman Wyatt Earp, actors Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner co-star in this action crime caper as former cronies engaged in a series of double-crosses over some stolen loot. Michael Zane (Russell) and Thomas Murphy (Costner) are the leaders of a gang of ex-convict thieves using an Elvis Presley impersonator convention to pull off a daring heist in a Las Vegas casino. The gang also includes Gus (David Arquette), Hanson (Bokeem Woodbine), and Franklin (Christian Slater). Although they manage to retrieve the money, the crooks turn on each other in bloody fashion and Murphy (who believes he's actually the illegitimate son of Elvis) makes off with the illegal funds. In hot pursuit are the police and Michael, who's encumbered by his girlfriend Cybil (Courtney Cox-Arquette) and her young son Jesse James. Written and directed by music video creator Demian Lichtenstein, 3000 Miles to Graceland also stars Kevin Pollak, Ice-T, and Howie Long.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 125min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/23/2001
- DVD Release Date: 08/07/2001
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Demien Lichtenstein
- Starring: Kurt Russell , Kevin Costner , Courteney Cox , Christian Slater , Kevin Pollak
- Themes: Cons and Scams,Dishonor Among Thieves,Crime Gone Awry
- Tone: Humorous,Rousing,Forceful,Gritty,Cynical,Slick
- Keywords: accomplice [criminal],bad-guy,casino,criminal,deception,double-cross,heist,money,robbery
- Country of Origin: USA (02-23-2001)
- Language: English