Plot & Details
Wealthy metallurgist Harry Mitchell (Roy Scheider) lives to regret his extramarital affair with pretty young Cini (Kelly Preston). A trio of vicious blackmailers (John Glover, Robert Trebor, Clarence Williams III) show Mitchell a videotape of his most recent roll in the sack with Cini. They demand a huge amount of hush money, but Mitchell calls their bluff, going so far as to tell his politicially ambitious wife Barbara (Ann-Margret) about the affair. But the extortionists haven't even gotten started yet. Tying Mitchell to a chair, they force him to watch a tape of Cini being horribly murdered-with the evidence arranged so that Mitchell will be accused of the crime. But Mitchell remains firm in his refusal to pay up, whereupon he mounts a "fight fire with fire" plan all his own. 52 Pick Up was based on a novel by Elmore Leonard, which was previously filmed in 1984 as The Ambassador.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery
- Run Time: 111min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/16/2003
- DVD Release Date: 06/12/2007
- Distributor(s): Cannon Group
- Director(s): John Frankenheimer
- Starring: Roy Scheider , Ann-Margret , Vanity , John Glover , Robert Trebor
- Themes: Hostage Situations,Crime Gone Awry
- Tone: Cynical,Grim,Menacing
- Keywords: ambition, mistress, pornography, veteran [military], blackmail, extramarital-affair
- Country of Origin: USA (11-07-1986)