Plot & Details
Six people become three couples in the wake of the emotional chaos of 9/11 in this three-part drama adapted from the off-Broadway play by Susan Charlotte. Hilary (Judith Light) is a fiftysomething movie buff who teaches film studies. On the afternoon of September 11, she discovers there's a hole in her shoe, and she turns to a cobbler (Danny Aiello) with a passion for opera for an emergency repair; while they don't get along at first, they bond over a shared love of the classic Italian film The Garden of the Finzi-Continis. Elsewhere, Nan (Margaret Colin) is a would-be actress who supports herself working at a travel agency who is trying to make sense of her on-again, off-again relationship with filmmaker Bob (John Shea). And a real-estate woman with a bad case of nerves (Laila Robins) has her expectations up-ended by a chatty taxi driver (Bob Dishy). A Broken Sole was the first feature film from director Antony Marsellis.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/02/2007
- Distributor(s): Shoemaker/Broken Sole Productions
- Director(s): Antony Marsellis
- Starring: Danny Aiello , Judith Light , Laila Robins , Bob Dishy , Margaret Colin
- Themes: Intersecting Lives,Opposites Attract
- Tone: Humorous,Reflective,Warm
- Keywords: September 11th
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-02-2007)
- Language: English